Friday, June 22, 2007

Animals


And most of our residents do, indeed, pick up. There are a good many dogs in Chickasaw Way and the residents are very good about walking them and seeing that it is done in a fashion that respects the landscape . We also have cats. Ah, what shall I say about the cats? They are adorable animals and, even though I am a "dog person", I have found a soft spot in my heart for the felines. My wife and I saw three kittens dart out of the space under our back stoop on an early morning a few weeks ago. The next night I spied the kittens and a cat, apparently the mother, leaving Chickasaw and heading toward another neighborhood. It seems that there are feral cats in the neighborhood (the result of negligence on the part of their owners) and they roam freely. This cannot be said of the dogs. It also tells me that these poor animals probably have a great deal more sense than their owners.

No comments: